We ask Irene General Questions such as:
- How can you own your own office?
- What other provinces and states allow RDHs to open a practice?
- Irene discusses how she used her previous employment history to help her identify what she loved versus what she would change in clinical practice.
Irene answers Dr. Costes’ questions about the business of dentistry:
- What did the buildout cost?
- HUGE shout out to Patterson Dental, Hu-Friedy and Dentsply Sirona for their amazing support!
- How did you apply for a business loan?
- We discuss business plans and profitability. Mark and Irene geek out on practice management software.
- Learn why you need to include an accountant/financial planner and an attorney in business development.
We talk about how Irene is building out her office:
- Irene discloses how much of a nerd she is by sharing “I live and breathe PowerPoint and Excel”.
- We discuss her “mood board” including a coffee bar!
- We discuss equipment, including how Irene is changing the legislation around
We get provocative: thoughts from a dentist on a hygienist opening her own office. Is there a territorial concern there? And finally, Irene shares her one piece of advice for RDHs who are thinking of starting their own practice.
You do NOT want to miss Dr. Mark Costes’ final words to us. It truly reminds us of the WHY behind our work. Thank you endlessly to our co-host, Dr. Mark Costes, for sharing insight and for drilling (pun intended) Irene on her business plan.
Dr. Mark Costes is far from a typical dentist and dental coach. During his career, he has been able to start or acquire over a dozen successful dental practices during some of the profession’s most challenging times. But Dr. Costes’s journey was not without its setbacks. In fact, he credits much of his success to the fact that he made more mistakes in his first year of private practice ownership than most dentists make in an entire career. What separated him from the masses, however, was the fact that he viewed each failure and roadblock as a learning experience and an opportunity to improve his business and life. This philosophy, as well as his decision to model the world’s most successful entrepreneurs and dentists, has led him to where he is today.
Dr. Costes is an international keynote speaker and the founder of the Dental Success Institute, a company committed to helping dentists to achieve their full potential while recapturing their passion for dentistry. He is also the co-founder and CEO of the Dental Success Network, a vibrant community of dentists from around the globe focused on maximizing access to advanced clinical and practise management education to the profession. Dr. Costes is the International and #1 Amazon Best Selling Author of the book Pillars of Dental Success. His internet radio show, The Dentalpreneur Podcast now has listenership from over 150 countries worldwide. Mark and his wife Leslie have three sons; Bryce, Brendan, Brady and their dog Bear. They live in Prescott, AZ.